Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SHAPE it UP!

I wore my brand new Skechers "Shape Ups" all over the house last night. At first sight, you're pretty much thinking that these shoes are the most ridiculous looking things. But, after wearing them around, I think they might actually have some benefits. First, they are really comfortable-it's probably the unbelievable amounts of foaming and cushion attached to the bottom of the shoe. Which, although quite comfortable, it does resemble platform dancing shoes from the 70's with a bit of orthopedic-geriatric flair. Second, you really do feel your "core" (love my new work out lingo) engaging to keep you stable on the rounded soles. And lastly, you can feel your upper legs and butt really working, too! So, I'm a new believer in the power of the shape up shoe and as of yet am not regretting the $100 price tag.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our weigh in Friday night. I've been doing pretty good staying within my points range and our workout last night with Krystal was quite intense. We did an "accumulator" work out. Laps, push ups, jumping jacks, lunges, the list goes on an on. I was quite impressed with myself with the laps-I actually jogged more than walked them-which is quite an accomplishment for me. My teammate Tom really encouraged me and jogged with me to keep me motivated.

So, say a little prayer that my hard work this week pays off on the scale Friday night. I really don't want to burst into tears in week 2 this season...I at least made it to week 4 last season before having a total break down on the scale. :) DANG that evil weighing mechanism!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll totally pray! I've always wondered about those shoes - keep us posted on how they do long term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people like those Shape Ups. I haven't tried them yet.

    Good luck on your weigh-in! BTW, Drazil sent me!

    ReplyDelete