Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Monday, March 22, 2010

I've got MOMENTUM on my side...

Well, I joined Weight Watchers today. Now, I've tried this so many times before and haven't been successful with it. But, here's a funny thing...in order to be a contender for the lap band, I first need to PROVE I've been unsuccessful on my own. Now I find this a bit funny, but I guess understandable. I mean, really...isn't it a bit OBVIOUS that I've been unsuccessful? Look at me? I clearly have SIGNIFICANT amounts of weight to lose. But, I digress...I've joined Weight Watchers and I'm in week two of the Attack the Fat Challenge. I'm making every attempt to do this on my own. I'm not willing however to fail again and will use any possible tool to meet my goals.
I met with a friend of mine today who joined WW with me. We were talking about our weight, how it weighs us down (no pun intended) and actually makes us hesitant at times to grab life by the horns and live it. I can totally relate to that. This weekend, while at a birthday party for a friend of my daughters, I did not go on the big blow up slide with her. She so badly wanted me to go, but I was afraid. I was afraid that I wouldn't make it up or worse yet, send that giant dinosaur blow up slide crashing to the floor. That's no way to live your life... afraid to go out there and live it.
My friend and I also discussed that we tend to blame our problems (yes, nearly all of them) on our weight. If I were thin, I'd do this; If I were thin, I wouldn't worry about that...the list goes on. But here's the scary truth...thin, fat or somewhere in between...we are not defined by our situations or circumstances. Life is a precious gift, a gift to be cherished and a gift to be ENJOYED. I was not created to live in the trenches of a self imposed prison; my Creator planned so much more for me. So, time for the chains to come off, the cell door to be unlocked and live this life! That sounds so much easier, but when your body aches from power jacks, squats, laps, push ups, and more...it's really hard to do. DANG that personal trainer!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to the blow up slide thing. When I took my kids to the bounce house for the first time, I must have asked 50 times what the weight limit was and still freaked out.

    :) It will get better.

    ReplyDelete