Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Attack the Fat!!!

Well, it's official. The former Blue Busters, now known as Team Alpha, are back at it. We met last night for our weigh in and fitness test. Today, our workouts began. I am already having a hard time getting up and down and my workout ended just about 3 hours ago. I fear I am in for some serious PAIN tomorrow and the day after. Lunges, squats, lunges, squats...J-Lo and Beyonce--watch out...our booties will be looking booty-licious here soon!

But, it felt good. Really good. The body is moving again and it feels great. The pain in my feet doesn't feel so great, but I'm trying not to focus on that as much as the "good pain" of sore muscles. The foot pain is likely a result of being overweight and all the running doesn't help. But, I can't get the weight off without exercising! Good grief!

So, I'm cautiously optimistic about the second round of the Attack the Fat Challenge. I was expecting so much more from the first go-round. I think that I'm once again giving 100% and completely dedicated. It's just not possible to give 100% and see no results, again...right?

But, just in case, I did make an appointment with the doctor about the lap band. I'm not ruling anything out. I just don't think I have the luxury of ruling out any options. The fact is-I have to lose weight. Staying the same is not an option; the status quo can't be the status quo any longer. Unfortunately, the band is not covered on my insurance plan. So, if you happen to have an extra $17K lying around, let me know...

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how you feel about it, but there are a lot of folks who go to Mexico for the surgery since its not on their insurance. Its usually half the price of the US-

    WTG working out! I hate lunges!!

    ReplyDelete