Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Monday, March 29, 2010

Little by little...

I am happy, very happy to report a one week weight loss of 3.2 pounds. I can hardly believe it. Now, I'm trying not to get ahead of myself--I wouldn't want to get too cocky over my 3 pounds and fail to work hard this week. But, if this is any indication, I'm already ahead of my TOTAL weight loss while on the first 8 week "Attack the Fat Challenge."

My trainer has definitely mixed things up a bit this year. We are doing a lot of accumulator work outs which I actually really like. First, I don't feel like such a loser trying to keep up with my teammates as we work at our own pace. And, it probably speaks to the kind of person I am, but I've noticed that if I'm trying to keep up with my teammates, I actually don't push myself as hard. I think I get the attitude of what's the point, I can't keep up anyway. When we're working at our own pace, on an accumulator work out, I'm jogging more than ever and pushing myself really hard. Now, my friends can attest to my competitive nature...just ask the friends we had over for a "friendly" game of Cranium over the weekend. So-why if I'm so competitive, I respond better when not pushed in my team environment?" I'm sure that's a more difficult question than it first appears. And, plays into my weight problems to begin with.

If I truly give up in the weight loss game because of my "what's the point" attitude in spite of my uber-competitive nature then, perhaps figuring that out will finally end my struggles in this area. Now-in the meantime, I'll take those 3.2 pounds and try not to focus too hard on the remaining 116.7 to go...

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for looking at the 'why' and the head part of this...it's the hardest part! It's easy to ignore it and move on, like we've all done in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow!!! NICOLE that's AWESOME!!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete