Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Monday, January 25, 2010

I've got the power...

Really? Sometimes I don’t think so. But, when I start to break it down, I do have the power. I am the only one who is able to make this change. No one can do this for me. The thought, at times is sobering. Oh how I wish I could wave a magic wand and my weight loss woes would be over. But, unfortunately that’s not how it works.

I’ve had a rough few weeks. That’s probably why I haven’t posted. Due to work and life commitments, I wasn’t able to work out at all last week. This is when the doubts and hopeless thoughts start to creep in. And, I noticed that my eating habits weren’t the best last week either. I guess what the experts say is true; when you’re working out, you’re more likely to eat better.

I started reading through my journal that I sporadically wrote in over the past year. Last January I started the journal in an attempt to chart my thoughts and emotions and how it relates to my weight struggles. I got a few weeks/month into it and that was it. The most depressing realization was what I wrote about last January sounds awful familiar to my thoughts this January. Am I really in a vicious cycle of hope, action, disappointment, and then inaction? I hope that the realization that I am the only one who can make this happen will help me be successful. Because, honestly, failure is no longer an option.

So, it’s back in the saddle and up on the workout horse I go. I have the power to change. I hold the power to my own success.

2 comments:

  1. "Courage isn't always the lion's roar...sometimes it is the heart at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow'." I know EXACTLY what you mean about writing the same goals over and over each year! You are my hero--keep going! You WILL do this!
    Rebekah B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rebekah for the words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete