Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

All good things must come to an end...

Do I really believe that to be true? I hope not. I hope my faith and optimism allows for a lifetime (and eternity after that) of good things. But, tonight was my last training session with my "team." We've worked out together for 18 weeks with a personal trainer and it's been good. It's certainly had it's ups and downs, but I've enjoyed my time with the "Blue Busters." We began this challenge as total strangers but have grown along with each other these past 5 months and developed a nice acquaintanceship. It will be nice to see them at the gym; we can continue to encourage each other.

I'm ending this challenge with not much weight lost, but I have gained perhaps something more important. I actually like exercising. It's fun; it makes me feel good about myself and it is doing good things for my body even if the affect I was after (losing weight and fitting into all the great Lilly Pulitzer outfits I bought) hasn't yet come to fruition. But, I'm hopeful that the weight loss (and subsequent modeling of fabulous Lilly shift's) is right around the corner.

I've heard that the road to wellness is a marathon not a sprint. So, I guess I better settle in for the long haul...I'm not getting off the path anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment