Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fountain of Youth....DISCOVERED!

My mother in law is a beautiful woman, inside and out. She is aging so gracefully, it’s truly remarkable. I think I have to chalk it up to good genes and good, clean living. She’s never smoked, never drank, despises sodas, drinks mainly water and her cup or two of hot tea a day. What does she have to show for it? Unbelievable skin, nary a wrinkle and no extra weight.

I think she may have found that fountain of youth…it’s called behavior and lifestyle choices. Isn’t it amazing how our behavior and lifestyle choices affect pretty much every aspect of our life? Discipline is a behavior; eating right and treating your body with respect is a lifestyle choice. These behaviors transcend into every part of our life. Do you work diligently in your job? Do you give 100% of yourself? That’s discipline my friends. And, I think if I can conquer myself (yes, I need to defeat myself in this ongoing battle for discipline) then I think I will be successful both professionally and personally.

I’ve been hearing a lot recently about “Clean Foods.” “Eat cleanly”, a personal trainer told me. At first, I’m thinking, “what is he talking about? I wash my food; I wash my hands…” Seriously, I wasn’t getting it. But, the more I read, the more it makes sense. My body is craving nutrients and vitamins and the fuel it needs to burn fuel efficiently. And, you know, crap in, crap out. So, if you fuel your body with clean foods, you’ll burn fuel (ie, fat stores) cleanly and efficiently.

Well, at least that’s what I’m hoping. I’ve decided to grab the celery sticks instead of the pretzel crackers (Dang those Toll House elves!!! Those things are GOOD!); the fresh fruit instead of the Cadbury Flake bar (those English may not be the best cooks…but chocolate? They manage to do chocolate just fine).

No comments:

Post a Comment