Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Monday, February 22, 2010

Food Revolution!

Is anyone as excited as I am about Jamie Oliver's new show Food Revolution? How exciting; I remember watching his program, The Naked Chef. The premise of his first show was preparing food in a more natural state and not adding a lot of junk to it.

So, his previews for his new show start with him in an elementary school checking out what the kids are eating. They're having pizza for breakfast and he's absolutely appalled. And honestly, can we blame him?

I struggle so much with my weight and I know, emphatically, that I do not want this to be my legacy for my children. What am I teaching them? Do they KNOW that pizza is not an acceptable breakfast? Do they KNOW that they need a minimum of 5 fruits and veggies a day to stay healthy and feed their bodies and minds? I hope so. And, I hope that my struggle is not a preview for their own lives. I hope they see that I'm a fighter, that I may not be perfect, but I strive each day to get better. And, I hope that with all that, they also see that pizza is not a good choice for breakfast.

Someone once said, "A leader leads by example, whether he intends to or not." So, I'm thankful that I have this opportunity to intentionally lead my children down a life long path of health and wellness. May that be the legacy I leave.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Nicole.. I think that is an excellent way to help them see you as a role model.. I wish I could have been a better role model for my girls (who are all grown now) luckily they figured it all out on there own (sort of) I live in a town full of skinny bitches who teach their children to starve them selves..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. Love it! Very honest. Love your quote too!

    ReplyDelete