Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Monday, December 7, 2009

I met with my trainer tonight along with my fellow team members. For those who haven't followed my adventures on Facebook, I joined the Attack the Fat Challenge at The Freedom Center (where I work out) about 11 weeks ago. The Blue Busters was the team I was assigned to and we actually like each other and enjoy working out together. There's something to be said for getting a group together and holding each other accountable. As well as enduring the workouts together and realizing that we aren't actually going to die. We may pass out, throw up or simply collapse--but we will survive! And as a friend of mine told me, "Pain is only temporary." That, has gotten me through many a workout. Anyway, at the end of the challenge, we chose to continue our workouts with our trainer, together. We also take other classes together such as spinning or sculpting or cardio.

So, after 11 weeks I am down a whopping 3 pounds. Yes, I know what you're thinking...can I also work out 7 days a week for 11 weeks straight in order to lose so much weight? Yes, you can! And, you would likely (and hopefully) see a number much higher than mine. Ugh. It has needless to say, been a bit frustrating at times to get through the workouts, not only physically but mentally and emotionally with no immediate gratification of seeing the number go down on the scale. And, I'm totally sick of hearing people try to console me with, "but don't you feel better?" Yes. I do, but it really doesn't ease the pain of making sacrifices, my family making sacrifices (did I mention that I have three kids under 6 and work a full time job?) all for a whopping 3 pounds on the scale. BUT-I will persevere! I will continue on this journey and am positive that this journey will result with the realization of my goal...to fit in a Lilly Pulitzer dress by summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment