Easter 2011

Easter 2011
My 4 most favorite things

Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's hard to believe it's been exactly 6 months since my surgery. 6 months to the day. Amazing. I am down 42 pounds and counting.

I went to a support group a few months ago and the doctor said that the band, "makes the impossible possible." Then he talked about the statistics behind sustained weight loss that exceeds 10 percent. Quite dismal statistics. And, with that information, I am again so pleased with my decision. It's different for everyone, and the band is just a tool to help me reach my goals. But-it's a tool that's helping reshape my thoughts around weight loss and my eating habits. And, I couldn't be happier.

Now the challenge begins by getting the whole family on board with the new eating, healthier choices, less junk. Why is it so hard to go through a cupboard and throw away junk food? The food's not good for any of us and it's better to throw away money than put that stuff in our bodies. A friend was telling me that a french fry you make at home in oil is digested and leaves your body within 2 days, but a McDonald's french fry remains, undigested in your system for 2 months!!! What are we putting into our bodies? And the bigger question, why do we wonder why we can't lose weight, when our body is full of junk that can't be digested and expelled?

So-we're looking to turn over a new leaf; all of us. And lead a healthier life. And not put so much junk in our bodies. We only get one body-we need to take care of it so that it brings us through the hopefully long and challenging road of life.

1 comment:

  1. You look great sista!! I'm totally with ya on the fact that it seems so hard to throw away stuff in the house. I intellectually know it isn't good for us but at the same time it seems so wasteful!

    ReplyDelete